CEED stands for Common Entrance Exam for Design. It is a popular entrance exam among design education aspirants across India. Do you want to register for this test? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, we will have an in-depth analysis of CEED 2022 application process.
Article Overview and Contents
In this post, readers will find the following details – CEED application form (dates and details), registration process (step by step guide), documents required and application fee. In short, this post contains all the important details that you need to know about CEED application process.
If you want to pursue advanced design programs (example – M.Des.), CEED test will be of help to you. This post has been crafted keeping the needs of such readers in mind.
Come, let us take a quick look at CEED application process-overview:
|Name of entrance exam:||CEED (Common Entrance Exam for Design)|
|Mode of application process:||Online|
CEED is a national level entrance exam. It is a design entrance test. The main aim of this test is to facilitate admission of eligible candidates into PG level design programs (like M.Des.) in colleges across India.
This post deals with the following topics – important dates, application process, registration, uploading relevant documents, application fee and general instructions.
After going through this post, you will find answers to the following questions – How to register for CEED? How to fill up CEED application form? What is the last date to submit CEED application form?
Let us begin –
|Online application process will start on||2nd/3rd week of October, 2021|
|Last day to apply online||2nd week of November, 2021|
|Admit card will be released on||1st week of January, 2022|
Come, let us take a closer look at CEED admission process. Let us begin –
CEED 2022 Application Process
Eligible candidates may apply for CEED test online. The application process consists of the following stages –
- CEED registration process
- Application form (form-filling)
- Uploading relevant documents
- Payment of application fee
Let us take a closer look at each stage and check out the steps involved in each one of these stages –
CEED 2022 Registration process
- Visit the official website of CEED application (ceedapp.iitb.ac.in).
- Search for ‘register’ link and you will be redirected to IITB external user registration portal.
- Enter your email id and click on ‘register’ button.
- A candidate will receive verification link via email.
- Access the email and click on the verification link.
- Complete IITB external user registration form by entering the following details – personal details, contact details and address.
- Configure your secret question and answer.
- Set a strong password.
- Enter security code/captcha code and click on ‘register’ button.
- The first step of email-registration process is complete. A candidate may click on ‘go to CEED homepage’ button to access his/her application form.
After completing email-registration process, candidates may click on ‘go to CEED homepage’ button and access their application form. Let us check out the steps involved in application process.
CEED 2022 Application Form
After completing email-registration process, candidates may access the application form and verify their mobile number. After mobile number verification, they may access the application form and fill it up. Let us check out the steps involved in this process –
Steps for filling CEED 2022 Application Form
- Access the portal and login with your credentials (email id and password).
- Check CEED eligibility criteria by selecting name of the qualifying exam and year of passing.
- After checking eligibility status, enter your mobile number.
- Click on ‘mobile verification’ button. You’ll receive an OTP via SMS. Enter the OTP and get your mobile number verified.
- Fill up CEED application form by entering the following details – personal details, address, academic details and choice of exam centers.
- Click on ‘save’ button.
- Upload relevant documents – photograph of the candidate, signature specimen of the candidate, qualifying exam certificate, category certificate (if applicable), PwD certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Click on ‘upload documents’ button to upload selected documents.
- Pay application fee (online).
- Take printout of application form/receipt/confirmation page for further use/reference.
While filling up the registration and application form, candidates are supposed to enter the following details –
- IITB external user registration portal: Email id, salutation, full name, first name, middle name, last name, date of birth, gender, mobile number, address, nationality, state, district, city and pin-code.
- CEED registration/application form: Qualifying exam, year of qualifying, mobile number, first name, middle name, last name, name of the candidate, gender, category, disability (if any), date of birth, email id, mobile number, alternate mobile number, residence address, state, district, country, pin-code, name of university, name of college/institute, college/institute address and choice of exam city.
CEED 2022 Application Fee
- Female applicants must pay 1300 INR.
- Candidates (male & female) belonging to SC/ST/PwD category must pay 1300 INR.
- All other candidates must pay 2600 INR.
- Candidates may pay application fee online. They may choose the following modes – Canara Bank net banking, SBI internet banking or Payu payment gateway.
Important documents required
- A valid email id
- An active mobile number
- Academic certificates
- Scanned documents
Keeping the above mentioned things/documents ready will simplify the application process. For example, by keeping your email account open, you will be able to access the verification email quickly and complete the verification process.
Guidelines for scanned documents
While filling up the application form, candidates are supposed to upload the following scanned documents –
- Latest colored passport size photograph of the candidate
- Signature specimen of the candidate
- Category certificate (if required)
- PwD (medical) certificate (if required)
- Qualifying examination certificate
- NCL certificate (if required)
Scanned images must satisfy the following conditions –
|Photograph||JPG/JPEG||Less than 100KB|
|Signature specimen||JPG/JPEG||Less than 50KB|
|Academic certificate||JPG/JPEG||Less than 500KB|
|Category certificate||JPG/JPEG||Less than 50KB|
- All scanned images must be clear, not blurry.
- Upload your latest colored passport size photograph.
- Signature specimen must be on white paper.
- Sign using black or blue inked pen only.
- If you don’t have final degree certificate, you may upload copy of final year mark list or provisional certificate.
- If a candidate has not completed course, he/she may upload a certificate from the Principal of the college or Head of the Department.
Let us check out the set of general instructions for applicants –
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply (before filling the application form).
- Fill up and submit the application form before the deadline.
- Fill up the application for correctly. Revise it before submitting.
- Enter a valid email id while registering.
- Enter a working mobile number while registering.
- Keep necessary documents ready while filling up the form.
- Make sure that scanned documents adhere to the guidelines set by the authorities.
- Take printout of the form/confirmation page.