Are you looking for Chase routing number? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve compiled a list of region-wise list of chase routing numbers. Routing number is also known as ABA RTN (ABA Routing Transit Number).
Article Overview and Contents
In this post, readers will find the following details – area/region-wise list of Chase routing numbers, ways to check Chase routing number and basic details about routing numbers. Come, let us begin –
What is a bank routing number?
ABA (American Bankers Association) created bank routing numbers in 1910. It is a nine-digit unique number that is used to identify the bank that is paying or the bank that is receiving the money. Each routing number is specific to a particular banking institute. A banking institute may also have multiple routing numbers. The same bank may have multiple routing numbers, depending upon the region/area where the account is setup/created.
What is a routing number, some of you may ask. In simple terms, routing number is a unique number that identifies the location of the bank’s branch where your account was created/setup. This unique number is used to trace financial transactions easily.
Routing number plays a huge role in financial transactions such as –
- Wire transfer
- Direct deposits
- Bill payments
During a financial transaction, money is transferred to/from an account. In order to process a transaction, a bank requires basic information such as – account number and routing number. Account number is used to identify the specific ‘bank account’ that is involved in the transaction. At the same time, routing number is used to identify the ‘location of the bank account’ involved in the transaction.
Chase routing numbers
|New York (Downstate)||021000021|
|New York (Upstate)||022300173|
Readers who don’t have Chase Bank account will benefit from the table provided above. Do you have an account with Chase? If yes, here are some ways to check your routing number –
Ways to check your Chase routing number
A user may check his/her routing number in the following ways – using Chase mobile app, visiting the official website of Chase bank and on a Chase bank check. Come, let us check out the steps involved in each method –
How to find Chase routing number online?
- Visit the official website of Chase bank – chase.com.
- Sign in with your credentials.
- Go to your ‘account information’ section.
- Click on the last four digits of your account number.
- A PDF file will open/appear on screen.
- Check the file and find your account number and routing number.
How to find Chase routing number using mobile app?
- Access the official Chase Mobile app. Download it if you don’t have it on your smartphone.
- Sign in with your credentials.
- Click on your account tile.
- Click on ‘show details.
- Your account number and routing number will be displayed in screen.
How to find Chase routing number on check?
- Observe your Chase Bank check.
- On the bottom of the check, you will find series of numbers.
- The first nine digit series represents the routing number.
- The second set of numbers represent the account number.
- The last set of numbers represent the check number.
In short, if you are a Chase Bank account holder, you may use any of these methods mentioned above and find your routing number and account number. If you are not an account holder, you may check the table provided in thist post and find region-wise routing number.